Wednesday, April 7, 2010

R. I. P.

The legend is no more! Fans all over the world moan the death of "The Legend" Mickel Jacson. The media is flooded with his music videos (right time to remember the Legend, right?). Not to forget, the praises of his moon-walk. Let's cash in on MJ's walk on the moon (and all the "glam" associated with it?).

Sure enough, death has befallen upon a transsexual self-racial paedophilic pop sensation and my weak heart does weep in agony for him, but, I'm more concerned about the farmers committing suicide.. What perturbs me more is the women being burnt alive.. I shed my tear on the plight of the vulnerable children without food and shelter! My heart aches to be aware of innocent kids being dragged out of their homes to fight at the front the battle of blood! Who's MJ?(Apology offered to all the fans.) Please allow me to clarify my stand. I have nothing against the pop star: i wasn't one of those kids. Sure enough, we should let his soul rest in peace and all the other souls too who would be awakened by our deafening campaigns.

...I ponder over it now. Do we care? Do we really care if millions have no access to food, water and shelter as long as we have our DVD player and some DVD's to dance to the tune of? Yes, MJ helped us a lot there as we didn't learn this in school. (or did we?)

"These papers are full of violence. Hey look! Bebo's size zero sizzles abroad. Cool!"

"Oh my God! Ten year olds fighting at the border! What's on the other channel?"

We are inveterately indifferent!

Let alone the unacknowledged, MJ was forgotten long ago and has been forgotten again today. But, one thing's for sure. "We, the hungry audience", will day after day get our share of salt and spice! Yum Yum. After all, it's show biz, baby!


1 comment:

  1. OMG.... u write soooo well!!!!
    JAYATI u r awesome... plus i agree with u tht today's youth r being attracted by show biz..... bt trust me....the day ain't far away when dy will realize wt's more IMP!!...

    keep it up

    ReplyDelete